Thursday, August 13, 2009

Agave Nectar


When I was a nightclub bartender, I always used Sweet & Sour Mix to make my Margaritas. Why wouldn’t I? I didn’t have to deal with squeezing any fresh lemon or lime juice. It made building the drink in that type of bar environment, faster. Most of the time, people who are at nightclubs aren’t looking for a drink to knock their taste bud socks off. They are just looking for a drink to get them drunk or buzzed in a relatively short amount of time.

It wasn’t until I started working in fine dining that I began working with a number of fresh ingredients to build the cocktails that I was serving. I started noticing that my cocktails tasted even better and were now being made on a whole new level. It was at this same time that I realized when it came to the difference between making a Margarita and a really good Margarita, I had to keep two tings in mind: choosing a premium blanco tequila made of 100% agave and selecting a quality sweetening agent. This is how I was first introduced to agave nectar. Read More...

No comments: