Thursday, March 19, 2009

Slow Nights...

I strongly feel that the slow nights take way more energy out of you than the fast ones do. With fast nights, you don't have time to look at the clock. You are too busy working that time flies and the next thing you know, you are closing down your bar, balancing your drawer and counting your tips.

With slow nights, it seems like you are always checking the time every ten minutes. When you aren't busy checking the time, you are looking for something to do, stock or clean. My old boss used to say, "When there is time to lean, there is time to clean." There is always something that needs cleaning behind the bar!

I think the main reason why slow nights seem to suck more energy out of you than the fast nights is because you have a lot more time to think about how tired you are. And of course it's on the slow nights when someone always comes in right before closing. Someone whom has obviously never worked in the service or restaurant industry before.

I don't know about you, but those stupid slow nights make me extra hungry. I eat at work out of boredom and I need to knock that off.

Anyone else out there feelin me?

No comments: