Thursday, June 11, 2009

None of Your Damn Business Really


At least once a night, we have customers come in and ask if the current recession has effected business in a negative way. Normally, I don't think twice about the question. Since I have worked at my current bar, I haven't seen a drastic change in business. The money is consistent. I have no complaints. I also didn't work there before the economy took a nose dive last year so I am not really the best person to ask.

Tonight a customer asked me if I had noticed a decrease in business since the recession began. I was honest with him and told him that since I first started in February, I hadn't notice any drastic decrease in business. He then got annoyed with me and said, "Well that doesn't really answer my question now does it?"

That's when I really got to thinking. Who the hell was he anyways and why was it any of his business on how the recession was or wasn't effecting our restaurant? It's not like I am going to run the monthly sales report and show him the numbers. And even if we were slow, you'd think I'd tell him that either?

I wanted to tell this guy to piss off and that it really wasn't any of his business. Shame on him for prying and then getting snippy with me when I didn't tell him what he wanted to hear.

No comments: