Sunday, June 28, 2009

The “Best Of” Articles: Open Bar Etiquette


I came across an article in the Seattle Weekly a couple of weeks ago, written by Maggie Savarino where she discussed, in detail, open bar etiquette. Reading this article brought back awful memories of when I had to bartend a number of open bar parties at the nightclub I worked at. I was happy to pick up the extra shifts, but was unhappy with the amount of cash I would come home with after working the parties. Sometimes I would come home with forty dollars. Sometimes I would come home with twenty dollars. Sometimes I would come home with nothing at all. And if the (lack of) tips weren’t enough, it seemed like working the open bar parties required a lot more energy and work than the regular club nights did. It was something about the open bar that made all of the guests leave their manners at the front door. Read More...

No comments: