Saturday, August 9, 2008

Weird Dream

I had a really weird dream last night. In my dream, I had gone back to bartending at a nightclub I used to work at. When I got to my well, I looked around and noticed that there wasn't much alcohol in my well. In fact, 3/4 of my storage area was stocked with frozen food like Hot Pockets, frozen buffalo wings, fajitas and basically anything frozen you could throw into a microwave and eat. I was obviously confused.

I went up to my manager who was actually one of the owners of the bar I am working at currently (I am telling you this was a strange dream!) and asked him what the deal was with all of the frozen food in my well. He told me that they were selling more food behind the bar because people were asking for it. I reminded him that this was just a bar, a busy nightclub in fact and that we were bartenders here to serve and sell drinks, not microwaved food. I tried explaining to him that we could make more money selling alcohol then this other crap. He refused to hear me out and told me to deal with it. I told him that I couldn't take it anymore and would not work in a bar like this and walked out.

Side Note: I have NEVER walked out on a job before ever. I have always put in a notice or at least waited until the end of my shift.

What kind of nightclub would rather their bartenders serve frozen, microwaved food than alcohol? I wonder what my dream means? Is someone putting impossible or ridiculous expectations on me?

No comments: