Friday, June 20, 2008

Got Stumped: Drink Recipes

Maybe its me or maybe it is the fact that I hadn't been a "real" bartender in a couple years. Here is a list of drinks that people have ordered from me in which I got stumped on. Stumped meaning I had to ask or look up the recipe. Don't laugh. I want to see how well you bartend after being away from the entire industry for two years. In no particular order:

Hurricane
Light rum
Dark rum
Pineapple
OJ
Grenadine (We don't carry this at our bar for some reason)

Slippery Nipple
Baileys
Butterscotch schnapps

*Generally served as a shot.

Fuzzy Navel
Peach schnapps
OJ
Vodka

*Served on ice.

Old Fashioned
Whiskey
Sugar
Bitters
Slice of orange
Cherry

*Muddle the orange and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Fill glass with ice and add whiskey. Garnish with a cherry.

Tom Collins
Gin
Lemon juice
Sugar
Soda water
Cherry
Orange

*In a shaker, add ice, gin, lemon juice and sugar. Shake and pour into a collins glass. Add soda water. Garnish with a cherry and orange slice.

At least I remembered how to make a Kamikaze, Cosmo and a Long Island.

No comments: