Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Inappropriate Conversations

I know I have mentioned it before, but it's worth saying it again. If you choose to sit at the bar and (even better yet) dine at the bar, please make sure you are aware of the people around you before engaging in certain conversation topics. Things such as describing in detail the bladder infection you are experiencing or having a heart-to-heart with your significant other about the crazy affair you are having with your wife's best friend are not only inappropriate for a public setting such as a bar, but they make the people who have to hear your conversation uncomfortable.

I know the bar is a fun place and shouldn't be a formal setting like dining at a table, but you still need to use your better judgment when it comes to conversations that should take place behind closed doors and not in public.

Being a bartender, one of the best parts of my job is that I love meeting people and hearing their interesting stories. There are some things though that I don't need to hear. TMI people. TMI!!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Right you are - those types of conversations should be conducted via cellphone while riding MUNI...