Friday, October 10, 2008

Don't Touch Me!

Word to the wise: bartenders don't like to be touched by people they don't know.

I mean, I don't know too many people in general who like to be touched by complete strangers. In the bartending world, if a customer touches you without your permission, it's kind of creepy. For example, tonight I was taking a drink order from a guy and with each drink he ordered, he got closer and closer to me. I understand that the bar is loud. There is music and there are a lot of people, but I can hear you just fine. If I can't hear you, I can read your lips. Besides, after you tell me your drink order, I am going to repeat it back to you in it's entirety for verification. The last thing I need is for you to try and grab my hand or smell my hair.

Yes, this fool tried to smell my hair.

On top of that, he wanted to look me in the eyes and tell me how much he appreciated my great service, all while holding my hand. You know what guy? Show me your appreciation through the fat tip you leave me without trying to touch me. Cool?

Don't touch your bartender. We don't like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww - that T-Pain - always tryin to pick up on the bartenders...

he just wants the free drinks... that last bartender spoiled him...