Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Smooth Nights


I worked my first weekend at my "new bar" (well, new to me since February) this past weekend. I worked both Friday and Saturday night. It had been awhile since I had worked behind a bar on a weekend. Like five months or so. I have to admit, I was a little nervous. Saturday turned out to be way smoother than Friday was. I think by Saturday night, I totally had the hang of the weekend craziness. I had spent the whole day before work in bed and mentally preparing myself.

I worked again tonight and it went just as smooth. We were busy too. It feels really good to be able to work behind a bar so well that you can almost do it with your eyes closed and have fun while doing it. I finally feel totally at home and 100% confident behind my current bar. That's a good feeling to have.

No comments: