Friday, April 10, 2009

Filming in the City

Seems like there are a lot of things being filmed in the city lately. Yesterday, downtown was being swarmed by two helicopters for most of the day. Everyone walking downtown kept looking up into the sky, trying to figure out why there were two helicopters flying rather low over the city. Turns out, they were filming the NBC television pilot "Trauma." The show will be set in San Francisco. How very cool.

Today as I walked out of the house to go to work, I had a notice under my door saying that a film crew would be closing my street and a couple nearby streets over the next week because they're going to be filming driving scenes including a car crash sequence for 'Trauma." The crackheads are going to love this one!!

I always love seeing San Francisco on TV. Especially the parts of the city where I spend a lot of my time. What is also very cool about all of the filming in San Francisco is the money. The money that the crews will spend while they are here. The money the tourists will spend while they visit here because let's face it, the more a city is seen on TV, the popular it becomes and then people want to travel there.

I welcome tourists with open arms. Come one, come all. Spend your money here please. The bar I work at seems to be very popular with the tourists, so the more tourists in town, the more money in my pocket.

Oh by the way, did you know the next issue of my zine (Xploited Zine) is all about tourists? Looks like I will have plenty to write about over the next couple of months.

Summer is a-coming!!!

No comments: