Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Don't Think So

I had a rather needy customer all night. Every time he approached the bar, he would shout out his drink order while I was helping other customers and expect me to drop whatever I was doing to help him. I did my best, considering we weren't all that busy and I was able to accomodate most of his requests in a timely fashion.

At the end of the night, his tab came out to be $111.00. He didn't leave me a single dollar for a tip. Zero, zlitch, nothing! I was not only shocked, but appalled.

Before he left the bar for the evening, he asked me if I could get him a glass of water. I asked him if he had a tab for $111.00. He said yes, but that he had closed it out already. I reminded him that he left me a zero tip on the rather large tab. No glass of water for you buddy!!

Did he really think it was kosher to stiff me on such a large tab? Especially after having to deal with his needy ass all night and fulfilling all his requests. Sometimes people really blow my mind. The nerve.

4 comments:

Angelica said...

ugh...so horrible...what did he say after?

ShakenNotStirred said...

Sometimes people just SUCK!!! My favorite is when they write "Cash" on the tip line and you know they didn't put a single dollar bill in your jar!

Cielo Gold said...

What could he say? He knew that I called him out and I was right. The look on his face was priceless though.

I am always sketched out when I see people write "cash" on the tip line for their credit card receipts because I know not everyone has left cash.

Anonymous said...

lately, in any given night over 10% of my customers don't tip. and another 15% leave tips like 38cents on a 6 dollars drink. i mean, really?!??

i feel your pain.