Tuesday, December 22, 2009

New Frontier


I am about to start a new chapter in my bartending career. I officially started training to bartend at a gentleman's club this week. I am really excited for the opportunity. I have bartended in all sorts of bar: live music venues, restaurants, nightclubs, lounges, dive bars and even a few private parties, but never a gentleman's club.

I can't imagine working in a bar like this would be much more different than working behind any other bar. Customers and servers order drinks, you make the drinks. You accept payment, ring payment into the register and thank the customers. Show up on time, do your J-O-B and its easy-breezy.

Each bar has its own special lure to get customers through the door like specialty cocktails, live music, amazing food or topless ladies. In the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter what type of bar I work in because wherever I go, I always bring my hardworking, bubbly personality, tasty cocktail making and superb customer skills with me. For this particular experience, it doesn't look like the focus will be so much on my award winning cocktails as it will be on my charming personality and also perhaps the low cut shirt I am wearing during my shift. Hey, its a gentleman's club. You have to play the part.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good wishes on the new job. It sounds very good and profitable.
Just wondering if you would consider adding me to your blogroll. Merry Christmas and top of the season to you!

BB said...

good luck!! And let me know how it works out.. if there are any differences and whatnot. There was in add in our paper for a gentlemen's club but I opted not to apply because it was trashy. However, I'm sure the ones in california are classier. And I think people go there knowing they spend money... so hopefully more tips!! do you still have your other job??